The Amazon Gift Card
Amazon gift card is a merchant specific card pre-loaded with a fixed amount of money and then sent out via email, post, or another method to a set recipient, issued by Amazon for use on Amazon.com.
The Amazon gift card is as seen below.
Amazon.com Gift Cards are available in $15, $25, $50, and $100 denominations at participating grocery, drug, and convenience stores throughout the U.S.
At selected stores, you can also choose a variable denomination card, which can be loaded with any amount between $25 and $500.
You can purchase gift cards up to $10,000 in a single day
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is the Advantage of Amazon Gift Card?
- 2 Can I Purchase an Amazon Gift Card for Another Country?
- 3 Difference Between the Amazon Credit Card and Amazon Store Card
- 4 How to add a Gift Card balance to your account.
- 5 How to load Anytime Gifts?
What Is the Advantage of Amazon Gift Card?
The gift card balance can be utilized for Recharges, Bill Payments and Travel Bookings with cashbacks and discounts.
This is possible because, you can use the same amazon gift card more than once if you did not exhaust the funds in it on the first use.
For instance, let’s say you got a $200 gift card and you used it to purchase an item that costs $75, it simply means that you can still use that same gift card to buy an extra $125 worth of any other item of choice.
Can I Purchase an Amazon Gift Card for Another Country?
You can buy an Amazon gift card for the UK even if you are in the US.
You just have to ensure that the card is in the currency of the intended country so it can be used for amazon sites of that country because it will not be useful in amazon sites of your country as a result of currency difference.
According to Amazon’s terms and conditions on the usage of gift cards, you can only use an Amazon gift card to purchase products on Amazon.com.
This means that you can only use a gift card in the country that you purchased it.
Amazon.com Gift Cards are sold by grocery, drug, and convenience stores throughout the United States and at no purchase fees.
Difference Between the Amazon Credit Card and Amazon Store Card
The Amazon Credit Card can be used at Walmart, and pretty much any merchant, anywhere in the world.
The Amazon Store Card, on the other hand, cannot be used at Walmart.
Read Also: 10 Facts about Gift Cards in 
How to add a Gift Card balance to your account.
For Physical Gift Cards:
Enter the Gift Card Code given on the gift card and tap on Add to your balance.
For eGift Cards (E-mail & Share via link):
For an e-mail gift card, you can directly add it from your email by clicking on the Add to my Account link. If it’s a gift card shared via link, you can directly add it by clicking on the Add to your balance link.
You will be asked to login to your Amazon.in account and your gift card funds will be automatically added to Your Account.
- An eGift Card (E-mail or Share via link) Code is 14 characters long and contains both letters and numbers (for example AS25-NZ1JX-CZCP5).
- A physical Gift Card Code is 14 characters long and contains both letters and numbers (no hyphens, for example Y12RBV5J45Q67C)).
- You should NOT enter the Gift Card Reference ID in this field. A Gift Card Reference ID is different from Gift Card Code and is 16 characters long containing only numbers (for example, 6014 8515 3019 3950).
Having issues adding your gift card?
Try the following steps:
- Check if the gift card you’re trying to add has expired. If yes, Amazon.com to extend the expiry date.
- Make sure you are entering the Gift Card Code (14 characters long alphanumeric code) and not the Gift Card Reference ID (16-digit numeric code).
- If while adding the gift card, you get an error stating that ‘the gift card has already used/redeemed’, check if this gift card is already applied to your account, or to the Amazon account of any of your family members.
- If the gift card you are trying to use was given to you by an organization, please contact them to check if the card is activated.
How to use an Amazon Pay Gift Card?
To use your Amazon Pay Gift Card balance for a purchase, select Amazon Pay balance on the Payment method selection page.
You can combine credit/debit card or net banking with your Amazon Pay balance to complete a purchase.
Note: You cannot combine Gifts & Credits balance with EMI or Pay on Delivery.
What to do when your gift card balance expires.
Kindly keep the Gift Card Reference ID (not the Code) handy and Amazon for assistance.
Having delayed delivery of purchased email gift card.
- E-mail gift cards generally arrive within 15 minutes of ordering. Sometimes it may take up to 24 hours.
- Scheduled E-mail gift cards will be delivered to the recipient by 5 AM on the scheduled date of delivery.
If none of these seem to be the reason, please check:
- If the recipient’s email ID was correctly entered.
- Try resending the gift card using the Resend Gift Card button in your order next to your gift card order (on desktop) to resend the gift card to the same or a different email id.
Please note that the Resend button will not appear, if
- The gift card is already redeemed by the recipient.
- The gift card is scheduled to deliver at any specific time.
How to load Anytime Gifts?
Anytime Gifts are zero-value physical gift cards that you can purchase first and load balance into them later to activate them.
To load balance into Anytime Gifts, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to https://www.amazon.in/loadgc
- Enter the Gift Card Reference ID (16-digit numeric code) mentioned on the back of the plastic card and choose an amount.
- Proceed to make the payment.
- It may take up to 15 minutes the card to get loaded and activated.
- These cards can only be loaded once and they expire within 1 year of loading/activation.
Read Also: How to Get FREE Amazon Gift Card